Thread: Fusion 360 and Prusa 3D printer exercise

Default Fusion 360 and Prusa 3D printer exercise

I have been wanting to learn Fusion 360 for a while and decided that making a dust collector pickup would be a fun way to do both. My BT48 came with the stock pickup [I was not impressed] and had built a custom pickup for my PRS 48x48 that had the hose behind the gantry which I really liked, but that would not work on the Buddy. I tried the pickup style with magnetic rings and the hose in front of the spindle [I forget the gents name- Kent?] and did not like it on my machine for what I do. So this is my design to transition from an overhead 4" hose, around the spindle and into a single pickup which is attached magnetically to the baseplate. I had a huge amount of fun... and it works well- better yet. Some parts were cut on the laser, some printed. The baseplate [actually the whole assembly] moves up and down about an inch. Gene
    Shopbot BT48 DC+.jpg

THAT is awesome. I've made a couple of 3D printed boots myself. Here's my first one:

https://youtu.be/B8kaQult6EY

I ended up getting a new dust collector that was way to strong for that boot so I designed a new one. I've had an idea about doing exactly what you did, going on both sides of the spindle like that. I haven't had the time to bring it to reality though.

I'd love to see your Fusion model if you'd be interested in sharing it...

I have finally gotten around to actually using my dust boot and I am still really impressed with the functionality. Here is a corian panel with a test carve- almost no dust to be seen. I am still doing minor improvements [mostly because I really enjoy it] but I am impressed. GeneDust extractor.jpg