Thread: my first 3d sign with imported wood texture.

Hybrid View

Steve,

You can build a business from this kind of work. As you know the only kind of signs I make are like the one you are making. There's so little competition in this field. But you have to refine the customer base.

Joe

You gotta watch out by letting a customer adjust the finish date. After all they don't know what it takes to pull one of these off. I encourage my customers to come by to see the progress were making. I've even invited them to drop by and help. That will quickly extend a short deadline. These signs take time and can't be rushed!

he is hoping he can sell more of these. Yes was pissed that they moved up the date. but that is for him to deal with for sure. I don't think he lets it happen often. Yes he likes 6 weekly to do the finish work. me I am the fast guy (G) But remember I am only cutting the sign for a sign guy I do the for several sign companies.

What version of Aspire are you using? I fought that same battle then found out that one of the more recent versions makes it pretty easy to do that job. Review some of the 3D videos Vectric has on line.

Quote Originally Posted by tlempicke View Post
    What version of Aspire are you using? I fought that same battle then found out that one of the more recent versions makes it pretty easy to do that job. Review some of the 3D videos Vectric has on line.
    the latest. it is mostly me since I hardy do any 3d so I forget it. just took some work to figure it out.

Steve,

Looks like there is a good market for this work with other sign companies. By dropping off a sample letter or two every once in a while will pay off. However you need to keep showing up with some kind of sample to get their business. That's been my findings.

All the signs I make for others this was the first texture sign I have made. but I will talk to him about samples this sign is a sample really but having them to hand out could help him. I have done a lot of big wood v carved signs but no one seems to want the cool ones. I don't think thee are a lot of people who can paint them.