Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my first 3d sign with imported wood texture.

Steve,

Looks like there is a good market for this work with other sign companies. By dropping off a sample letter or two every once in a while will pay off. However you need to keep showing up with some kind of sample to get their business. That's been my findings.

All the signs I make for others this was the first texture sign I have made. but I will talk to him about samples this sign is a sample really but having them to hand out could help him. I have done a lot of big wood v carved signs but no one seems to want the cool ones. I don't think thee are a lot of people who can paint them.

"I don't think there are a lot of people who can paint them."
    Although you are right that it is getting harder to find real sign painters, there are some great ones on the CSA forum (Creative Signmakers of America). Not a super active board but a great resource and some very good people there.

Steve,

I know you aren't into painting but there are lots of sign companies that could use a routing service. Plain old PVC letters might be of interest to them. Selling carved signs without painting is a option. But it all depends on your location and desire to make it happen.