Thread: upgrade to oxide cyclone a huge difference.

Default upgrade to oxide cyclone a huge difference.

I have had a 3hp clear view for 10 years I think but it was noisy and for some reason the finest dust would go past it and into the filters. so I had some bag filters I had made because the cartridge would clog so fast. I needed the room and the onida was sp quiet that I bit the bullet and got the 3hp. Man the difference is huge so quit around 84db where I sit I don't know how much of that is the moving air through the pipes and such.
    but this thing moves so much more air. I would say maybe double the air. even with the Cnc port open I have more air anywhere in my setup then I did with just that one open by quite a bit. I router table was wanting to suck the part down while I was trying to round it over and that was with the Cnc going. I had to add some more leg extension as my pipe was so high and I wanted to use a wheeled dolly that had decent sized wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the diameter of the new cyclone bigger? I made my own, its ugly but catches almost all the dust before getting to my 3hp 4 bag grizzly even when I am sanding with coarse grit the fine gets by.

it might be a be it bigger. I have a nice straight run of pipe to this one and that may have been a issue. but this sucker moves so much more air its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    it might be a be it bigger. I have a nice straight run of pipe to this one and that may have been a issue. but this sucker moves so much more air its amazing.
    LOL "this sucker" I see what you did there.

OK, I admit, I laugh at "That what she said" jokes too.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

I have one of their V-2000 systems and have found it to be a great addition to my shop. I have a permanent connection to my CNC and a portable hose to connect it to the other machines in my shop. The output air from the V-2000 is quite clean and I have had to clean the filter very infrequently. It's very easy to tell when it's time to clean the filter by checking the pressure gauge.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

I just found another great use for this sucker. I just used it to clean my shopvac filter then cleaned the shop vac out with it too. so all that dust from dumping it and banging the filter did not happen. my clearview I tried vacuuming the floor but the hose would just fill up. this works great for that job.