Thread: Online Training THURSDAY August 23rd - Temporary Zeros

Default Online Training THURSDAY August 23rd - Temporary Zeros

Hello everyone,

Note that the training day of the week has moved to Thursday’s.

Please join ShopBot Tools this Thursday August 23rd, 2018 for a free online training. The topic this week is “Temporary Zeros.” The training begins at 1:00pm eastern time and runs approximately 45 minutes. It is then followed up by a 45 minute Q & A for participates to ask questions and work with each other.

Typically we use the bottom left corner to zero our X and Y axis, it is easy to do with our proximity switches. However, there are times where zeroing is beneficial in the middle of the material. There are also times where one may choose to use a jig, fence or other portion of their table. For this training we will look at setting up offsets and temporary zeros for positioning outside the default bottom left hand corner of your ShopBot CNC machine.

There is no need to sign up, just show up a few minutes early on Thursday and click on the link below. You will log into GoToMeetings and wait for the training to get started. Make sure your computer volume is turned on.

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot me an Email. This training will be recorded and posted for future viewings. Those recordings can be found on our ShopBot Tools Training Page.

Thanks and we hope to see you there. Thanks, TJ

Temporary Zeros
    Thu, Aug 23, 2018 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/664196605

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States: +1 (872) 240-3311

Access Code: 664-196-605

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
    Dial: 67.217.95.2##664196605
    Cisco devices: 664196605@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

This will make a welcome break from finishing children's blocks
    See you there Teach
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Great group today! Really enjoyed the conversation and the suggestions from all the participants. If you get a chance sometime check it out live, we have a lot of discussion after the actual training. Here is a link to the training topic: https://youtu.be/3FtkuxJCMw4

+1 on attending live if possible.
    You're missing 2/3's of it if you only watch the vid...the hour afterwards usually has the good tips
    For instance,I tried to use the offset in the fill-in sheet without studying enough during my first month and screwed up major!
    Avoided it for years after that one fiasco, and used the Vectric offset, or temp Zeros...
    After the after class talks...I can see the benefits under certain circumstances...understand it better...and will definitely use it sometimes
    Tip of finding the line code with the mouse in SB3 preview mode will definitely be useful in the future.
    Having a microphone that worked would have made yesterday better
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

We need to get you a new microphone Scott so you can add your tips as we go!

As long as I still have the mute button

Yep...BOTH Scotts were awful quiet yesterday
    Workin' on it...may need a bigger hammer for the Logitech headset!

Be MUCH more useful to get Scott W a mic!!

We CAN unmute ourselves
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Yes, was a good training session. I think Thursdays work better for me. SO often I want to watch alive presentation but get busy in the shop and forget it. While I did cut out shortly after the live presentation to work on a job - imagine that - based on the previous presentations I viewed live I agree the dialogue is very beneficial. I do much better with live instruction versus self-study.

For the next session I think I will do an afternoon and evening session. That way people with the 9-5 routine will have an evening opportunity. I'll keep everyone posted.