Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, but fortunately that's because I've been busy in the shop.

Now that my business is up and running and I have a pretty good sense of what I'm actually making on a day to day basis, I'm looking for ideas and photos on hold down techniques, especially jigs. Please share!

What I mostly do:
  • through cut hardwood boards and edge-glued panels to make small and large parts ranging from small male inlay pieces to table tops

• pocketing, edge profiling and decorative work on hardwood boards and panels

• surface/level live edge slabs

I almost never cut sheet goods. Most of the stock I use is boards that are 4"-12" wide by 4'-8' long, 24"x48" edge glued panels (occasionally bigger), and slabs of varying sizes.

The cost and noise of a vacuum system are a deterrent for sure. And would it even work on the smaller, narrower stock I cut anyway?

I like the versatility of being able to quickly screw down stock and through cut into the spoilboard, especially since I do a lot of through cutting. But I'd also like some sort of clamp or track system or modular jigs that I can attach to the spoilboard at fixed reference points. Or anything else genius that you've come up from!

Thank you for your advice!
Brian