Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PRT ShopBot upgrades

Hello Brady and Gary. I have loosely attached my new V-roller bearings as shown in the attached picture. I used grade 5 bolts for the new V-roller bearings. The bolts in the original V-roller bearings are grade 8. (They didn't have grade 8 where I shopped, and I assumed grade 5 would be OK...…) Was that a correct guess????

I had small cold formed burs on my Z rails as shown. I did cover up my rack with duct tape to keep from getting filings stuck in my grease before I commenced filing....

Thanks, Chuck

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Grade 5 is fine. Start adjusting using the original 4. Put the new 4 on loosest position, then carefully cam them in against the rail. Keep in mind cam clock positions should be about the same for all rollers in the same line. Also keep in mind that you can affect pinion lash adjusting the rollers on either side. Just take your time and be deliberate.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Brady! My welder friend just got done welding my 2.5" x 1.5" steel tubing onto my X-car. He hurt his knee not long ago, so in order to weld the bottom joints, we had to take the car off and flip it on its side. So everything is really torn apart now. I'll post that on my earlier thread when I have pictures back from the developer (). Sorry Gary for butting into your thread,,,,, Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Not a problem Chuck. Thanks for the Photos and explanation. That will be one of the projects I'll be dealing with, later on. Good information to have.
    I ended up having to work the regular job most of today, so all I accomplished was assembling the platform for the vac & dust collector. I've gone about as far as I can building parts. I have a pending CNC job, but they're taking their time, so it may be time to tear into the ShopBot. Just watch, as soon as the CNC is down, they'll say they've made a decision.
    Attached Images Attached Images