Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspire 9.5 and

Default Aspire 9.5 and

Vectric has released the latest version of Aspire - v. 9.5. This video shows the new features. At the end of the video, about 41 minutes in, G93 code is demonstrated to perform a helical cut. On the Vectric forum I read that Shopbot software does not support G93.
    What would it take for Shopbot to support G93? Is this a big, difficult deal? I have no programming experience so I don't know if this is easy or impossible.

Video link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y-lOOMHbZw&list=PLLdEiXEsoReqib-6MK3K7Tfe3zI-eVKzv&index=6&t=0s

Phil

Thanks Phil for the heads up...…… I can't answer your question about G93.... sorry. But I'll watch the link you supplied! Thanks again, Chuck
    Chuck Keysor (circa 1956)
    PRT Alpha 60" x 144" (circa 2004)
    Columbo 5HP spindle
    Aspire 9.0, Rhino 5

Phil...
    Over the years there has been a limited number of gcodes that SB supports. It is more likely that there will be a version that will run most, maybe almost gcodes before they would add the G93. Other than a bit of enhanced speed control, what is it you feel you would gain with the G93 command?
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

The example that is demonstrated in the video shows a dramatic difference in the amount of G code needed to cut a circle with G 93 vs. without. The G 93 list of G code for a circle is very short. The G code list without G 93 is surprisingly long.

Phil

Phil...
    You are confusing the helical G2/G3 arcs with the G93. When using the spiral ramped option on a circle, the output is vastly different between the two. (G2/3 or points) In the existing version, a series of points, literally thousands of them are output and in the newer helical version it will only take a few, depending on actual numbers of passes required to cut to the required depth.

As far as I know right now, along with the G93, ShopBot does not support this feature either, as they do not support GCode arcs with Z depth change. They never have. In actuality, the fact that they do not may be the reason that the "thousands of points" version exists in the first place. GCode controllers, for the most part have had this feature all along.

Having or not having this feature should not affect you in any way, unless you have an outdated computer with little or no RAM. On the vast majority of todays control computers those "thousands of lines" will execute flawlesssly
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for the explanation.

Phil

I just checked out the Vectric site and they are showing 9.015 (Feb/2018) as the latest version. How did you get 9.5?
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Opened up Aspire and it says that the new version is available
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com

Albert Einstein

Is this an Aspire only update? VCP says 9.015 is the current version…
    SG

Afraid so Steve.
    No hints on the forum yet...a couple reported small bugs in the Aspire upgrade which is normal.
    Patiently waiting to see what's in OUR upgrade
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine