Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proximity problem

Default Proximity problem

Hi Shopbotters,

Its been a long time since I was here, after being very ill twice I decided to move from the UK to the Wild Atlantic Way in South West Ireland and make things that I enjoy with my Shopbot....But I have a problem, my two proximity sensors do not work, now that they are installed on the machine, is there any way I can test them or the cables
    insitu ?

I have a PRS Alpha

Thanks in advance

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark View Post
    Hi Shopbotters,

Its been a long time since I was here, after being very ill twice I decided to move from the UK to the Wild Atlantic Way in South West Ireland and make things that I enjoy with my Shopbot....But I have a problem, my two proximity sensors do not work, now that they are installed on the machine, is there any way I can test them or the cables
    insitu ?

I have a PRS Alpha

Thanks in advance

Paul
    Do they light up when you turn the shopbot on. You can move a screw driver head in the path and see if they go off or on.

Hi Jerry,

There are no lights showing, with or without metal in front of the sensor.

Paul

check to see if they are wired correctly. What kind of switches are they are they the round ones that have a nut to attach or are they the flat style

Hi Jerry

They are the round type with two nuts, I have triple checked the connection as per the diagram.

Attached Images Attached Images

My is wired the brown goes to 24Volt the blue goes to ground and the black y goes to input 3 and the black x goes to input 2 I think you are using the setup my old PR did that had the flat proximity switches that were 5 volt

Thanks Jerry

i will check the wiring tomorrow and try your connections, the wiring diagram is the one that was in the PRS control box when it was shipped

I had to get an upgraded one here is the pic of the page I used
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most common issue there is the grounds are not getting continuity. Check out that connection very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    Most common issue there is the grounds are not getting continuity. Check out that connection very carefully.
    From his post it looks like he used 5 volt instead of the 24 volt I had to combine my 24volt for my relay board and proximity switches as I only had one