Thread: New to SB, need spindle help

Default New to SB, need spindle help

Hi all.My first post to SB and I need some help. I am planning to build a 4 X 9 machine and use a SB alpha controller. My problem is staying within budget, as always. Using the controller so I can continue using eCabinets as my design software as I have been using it for 10 years. To stay within my budget I can forgo the SB Colombo spindle and go to a Chinese spindle. Is this a good move? After looking at the instructions for one of the vendors from China I found the instructions to be less than satisfactory. I would love to hear from those that are using a chinese spindle and the model being used.
    I have been watching the forum now for a few months and like it a lot.
    All help is appreciated.
    Jr

I use a 3 KW air cooled Chinese spindle which has worked very well for at least 5 years (I can't remember exactly when I bought it). I bought the spindle sans vfd and purchased an Hitachi vfd. I have no idea how to program it — I found settings for it on CNCZone.com. I think that ny total cost was a bit under $1000 after the spindle, vid, shielded cable and incidentals. Instructions for the spindle were basically mia and it did not come with wrenches. I have no recollection of the model or brand,