Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny table legs

Sent via email. Couldn't see how I can attach an Aspire file here.
    Here's a picture of the resulting file.
    Fluting-taper-24x335.jpg
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Thanks John, I will let you know how I progress after this bitter cold is down with us. Since this is my Hobby machine and now that I am retired I am in no hurry to go out to my shop in this bitter cold, I know it will be colder in your neck of the woods but this is past my limit being a southern boy lol.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

It's down to 25F here. That's cold for us. Yesterday, I drove around with the top down in my convertible. Luckily, my shop has climate control and is a balmy 65F year round.

Good luck with the indexer! They are a lot of fun to work with. A nifty thing to use it for is doing two sided machining. The obvious benefit of the indexer is that the part can be flipped over with exact precision and keep registration errors to near zero.
    ShopBot Details:
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Thumbs up Brrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by coryatjohn View Post
    It's down to 25F here. That's cold for us. Yesterday, I drove around with the top down in my convertible. Luckily, my shop has climate control and is a balmy 65F year round.

Good luck with the indexer! They are a lot of fun to work with. A nifty thing to use it for is doing two sided machining. The obvious benefit of the indexer is that the part can be flipped over with exact precision and keep registration errors to near zero.
    Its minus 17 here wind chill minus 46 Brrrr. 65 in my remote shop.

It was really cold down in Boca today. 58 when I got up
    Seriously hope none of you caught in this have pipes or other issues pop up.

Creative Solids, Fairfield Glade Tennessee

Ok, i have finally upgraded to 9.5 and it ‘paid for itself’ by easily converting pdf to dxf for a building project i am deeply involved in at church. And i have had a little time to play with the indexer section - to paraphrase Neil Armstrong - going from 2.5 to 9.5 was a giant leap for Don.

i can not help but notice that three players in this thread are fellow Volunteers - Joe is just ‘down the road’ in Cleveland, but John is a healthy 322 (our i40 exit number) mile drive. Not much to see in my small shop in my lower level, but i would be open to visiting your shops - wondering if any of you plan to go to McGrews this year? (Not sure when he plans to have next event).

when i get some designs on my indexer project i will share them. John, now that i have 9.5, if you are willing to share your tiny legs file, i would be appreciative

cheers
    don

I don't see a way of posting a file other than an image.
    ShopBot Details:
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Don,

Since I have retired I use my shop for hobby work with only a few paid jobs here and there but I would be open to a visit if you want. You would have to excuse my mess. I am probably going to start selling some of my unused tools this year, will have to start cleaning up my shop first so I can get to them. You can email me at bravesoul1950@gmail.com

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0