I built a bench around the radiator in the kitchen and made doors to match the cabinets. The plan was to put a diamond grille and screen in the doors to allow airflow and to reflect the pattern of the back splash. Something like this:

radiator-cover-screen-grilles-by-mesh-lowes.jpg

But it was a super expensive import and we couldn't find exactly what we wanted, couldn't laser cut it, hiring it out was a pain. So I decided to cut some out of cheap board stuff for now to see how we liked it. I brought it home before I had a chance to pop out the diamonds of some of the pieces and as soon as my GF saw it she loved it.

So, that's how this project was born. In the picture below, on the right is a grille on top of a second grille that didn't have the diamonds popped out. On the left it a grill on top of a board that I drilled air holes through.

20180710_222458.jpg

I like the the right for good airflow. She likes the left as it matches the back splash better.

20180710_222302.jpg

So, maybe I need 3 layers? That way I could make it look better but still allow airflow? I'm open to input, thanks!