Thread: v carve pro changing values

Default v carve pro changing values

I'm having difficulty with the program (V carve pro) changing the settings. I'm trying to cut parts that are .875 in thickness. I'm using an endmill .312 with a cutting length of 1". I'm also wanting to leave about 0.025 in the bottom of the cut. I've found with cutting red oak this seems to work better than tabs. Each time I put in the values for doing a profile cut I get a message to ck the cutter to see if it's suitable for this cut. ?? When I go back to ck the values I've put in. I notice the numbers have changed. Mostly the depth of cut has changed to 9. I've reviewed the tutorials thinking I must be doing something incorrectly. ??? Is there some default that has gotten changed to make it return to 9 ??

Thanks Leroy

Quote Originally Posted by HPPI View Post
    I'm having difficulty with the program (V carve pro) changing the settings. I'm trying to cut parts that are .875 in thickness. I'm using an endmill .312 with a cutting length of 1". I'm also wanting to leave about 0.025 in the bottom of the cut. I've found with cutting red oak this seems to work better than tabs. Each time I put in the values for doing a profile cut I get a message to ck the cutter to see if it's suitable for this cut. ?? When I go back to ck the values I've put in. I notice the numbers have changed. Mostly the depth of cut has changed to 9. I've reviewed the tutorials thinking I must be doing something incorrectly. ??? Is there some default that has gotten changed to make it return to 9 ??

Thanks Leroy
    Leroy try checking for duplicated vectors as this is very common when a newbie.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Thanks Bob. I just cked. for duplicate vectors and there are none. This am I tried a change of the thickness of the material to 1" to see if it made any difference. It didn't. I still get the change in value for cut depth to .9 and It adds passes as well.

Not quite sure I'm following along, but check the settings in the tool database for that tool and see that you have the max depth of cut for that tool set to a reasonable value. Optionally, you can edit the chosen tool settings for just that toolpath in the edit form.
    Scott

Thanks Scott. I'm not finding any place to adjust/edit, the length of cutter being used. To further confuse all, I've made 4 cut programs for the chair parts. I produced these programs by using the drawing tools as suggested in an earlier thread. When I attempted to make the toolpath files I was only successful in converting 2 of them. All of the parts are the same thickness. On the two that I was able to change to cut toolpath There was no problem. On the remaining two drawings, I get a message "error, ck that the tool will cut through the depth required." It's the same tool. SO, I've got to have something screwed up in my drawings. I think ?? Because I am thinking it's the drawing, I completely redrew one of the part files. unfortunately, this didn't change anything. I've ether repeated the same mistake or I'm missing something when I'm checking the files against each other. (the good and the bad). It's causing me to want to pull out what remaining hair I have left. lol.

Leroy

It may be better to start a thread on the Vectric Forum and include the actual file(removing any copyright material if there is any).
    Those guys are VERY helpful and knowledgeable on the program issues.
    SEEING the actual file is the most useful method for determining problems.
    Should get your problem straightened out.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Yup, if you can post the file here, we can possibly get a better understanding of the issue.
    Scott

Well, I finally figured it out. Just fyi so if anyone else is as dense as I, The problem was open vectors. I had rechecked for duplicate vectors, and clicked on open vectors and everything lit up. After joining all the vectors I was able to do the cut file without any problem. Thanks fellas for your support.

Leroy.