Thread: Help identifying older Shopbot

Default Help identifying older Shopbot

Got a CNC newbie mate interested in a Shopbot (Australia). This one is on an Ebay sister site. Any info would be appreiated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Its a prt, not worth 16,000 but I cant see what it comes with, cant blow up the picture.

Default Look see

Dear Bob(s)

$16,000 Australian is about £8,800 or about (US)$11½k

I've never actually seen a 'yellow' shopbot before - Gary may have!. Am I right in thinking the 'runners' have been mated to a non-standard framework?

If you look on the Gumtree website at the description and other photo's; Laptop, Aspire (9), Vac hold down, extractor and that cupboard full of cutters is very nice! Also they have produced some nice work with it.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wagg...er-/1189440025

melbourne to wagga wagga in a pickup is about 5 hours. If your mate's serious then I think its work a look-see. You never know they may take less!

(#11164) Aspire 3D CAD/CAM (new license) PRICE $1,995 (US) $2,700
    There is at least $2000 of cutters in that cupboard

Anyway that's my two penn'orth
    Sincerely and in good faith
    Martin

It looks to be a PRT Alpha (no control box pics, but looks to be purple label motors). Probably around the first ones that started in 2004. At that time, you could purchase just the upper components (angle iron rails and upwards with electronics), and then build your own table from available specs. I'd make sure as to what steppers it has, direct drive or 7.2:1 gearbox.
    Scott

Question Compare another shopbot sale

Dear Bob.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...lection-System

Did your mate see this post (for comparison). Router or spindle?

Granted a newer machine, but no 'vac' hold down, computer or cutters; for (US)$13½k over $18½k Australian.

Anyway I'm watching with interest as we started with a second hand shopbot. Let us know what he decides.

Sincerely Martin

This is an early PRTAlpha with direct drive AS911 motors and PRTAlpha/4G spec gantry.

PRSalpha shopbot Cnc router 1200x2400 vacuum hold down with dust extractor, very reliable machine, comes with everything you’ll need laptop and cutting tools to cut/mill most materials( over $3000 worth) and the software to make anything (aspire 9 $
    4000) which is an extremely powerful easy to learn software for generating 3D toolpaths, training can be provided, call ******2443 for further info.
    Link
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks for all the info. I think you have saved my mate. He’s now pretty keen on going for a new Max.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer