Thread: Confused

, Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands Washington

Default Confused

I just purchased Vectric 9.5 and am confused how to go from Vectric 9.5 and print to my Epilog Laser. I can take a picture into 9.5 and do what I want with it but when I go to print to the laser its size is way off. I've been using CorelDraw up to now but thought it would be a lot easier using Vectric 9.5. Obviously Im doing something wrong but confused as to what it is. Is there a video available somewhere? I have watched all the videos pertaining to the new Vectric but one section shows how you can fade a picture but doesn't show how to correctly print to a laser. Any help out there?

You're on a ShopBot CNC forum, not the Vectric forum... You'll probably get a better answer at forum.vectric.com.

That being said, I've had to deal with this stuff before and it's very likely an issue of DPI export out of Vectric. Don't quote me on these numbers, but I believe that Vectric reads in and exports out 90 DPI, and Illustrator defaults to 72 DPI so stuff exported OUT of Vectric is smaller in Illustrator. I don't have Corel so I'm not sure what the DPI default is on import there, but if it's anything like Illustrator you can either carefully scale it up, or change the import settings to accommodate the 90 DPI export size from Vectric.

I am a laser enthusiast and I think that Corel is better suited to the files you use on your Epilog. Gene

, Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands Washington

Gene I do believe you are correct. Thanks.