Thread: For Sale: ShopBot Buddy 48" PRS Alpha, 4HP spindle, side-mount PC, laser, collets etc

Hybrid View

Thumbs up For Sale: ShopBot Buddy 48" PRS Alpha, 4HP spindle, side-mount PC, laser, collets etc

Sadly, I have had to move house and downsize my life and now have to sell my beloved Buddy. It's like new. Very little used. It was brought to the Maker Faire in San Mateo from where I collected it. It was set up by the president of ShopBot himself. No known issues at all. It's a PRS-Alpha 48" model with standard z-height, a 4HP spindle (with no discernable runout), and includes 2 collets each (6 total) with shaft sizes 1/8", 1/4", and 1/2". Also included is a laser pointing device that allows you to accurately set the start point for cutting - it fits into the 1/2" collets. Manual, original CD's, engraving drag knife (unused), digitizing probe (unused), and a few other accessories included (e.g. pens). It comes with its own PC (Sony all-in-one model, with Windows 7), with mouse and keyboard included. The PC is attached to the right side of the Buddy using an adjustable "floating" arm, so it's close to the work, and real easy to use.

It's currently in my ex's garage in Los Altos in the SF Bay Area and is fully working and available for demos. You have to move and transport it.

I purchased it new. Not used it much, but love it. It's been in a non-smoking dry garage or workshop its whole life. Asking $18,000 cash.

Call/text Dave on (408)209-7373 to discuss viewing/demo.

Photos on request. I may post a couple here soon.

No interest? I guess I have the price set too high!

What would be a fair price for this package? $15K? Anyone?

Make me a sensible offer.

I added a tow hitch to my car last week, so now I could deliver it anywhere within a couple hundred miles of San Jose, CA if needed.

Cheers,
    Dave Fifield

Is bot still available?

Yes it is. Interested?

It's now in a storage locker in Santa Clara near San Jose airport.

Dave F.