Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Z axis rebound

20181016_164825.jpg
    Here is a picture of how it stepped up.

20171226_141530.jpg

This motor might be the best way to identify the model.

I had figured that router speed and machine speeds and depth of cut all need to be fine tuned based on the material I am using. Still learning.

You stated that you are using Mach3. You may need to tune the accel/decel/velocity settings in the config for the Z axis. If too aggressive, you could be losing steps during the quick up/down/in/out motion while vcarving. Along with that, knots being hard, can add to the stress factor on the motor and cause lost steps.
    Scott

Thanks, I will check my settings to see what I have now and try to figure out if I need to change anything. I will have to ask for help with that.

Hello again, I know this is a year old post but I had the same issue today of the z axis jumping up while in operation. No knots this time on poplar wood. Brady you mentioned that i need to look at 5:1 planetary gearbox for direct drive motors. I have 2 motors on my cnc that are direct drive. The y and z axis. Both are getting hot compared to the two Vexta motors. The first time I noticed the z axis move up was when I was changing a bit. Since then it has moved several times causing me to have to stop the program and reset the bits position as close as possible to the original and restart the program. My direct drive motors do not have any markings but they both appear to be Nema 34. Which gearboxes would you suggest buying and should I replace the motors also?

No,
    You don't want that gearbox. Check your PM. You'll ultimately need the gearboxes, motor swing plates and compatible pinions.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Brady. I felt like I was stumbling around in the dark.

Mailbox empty now...
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com