Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD to Artcam Fonts

Default AutoCAD to Artcam Fonts

I'm working on a project that I've designed on AutoCAD 2005 and when trying to import as a vector to Artcam my Font is being altered to simple single line text. I am using a true type font (Garamond) but upon importing it gets altered for some reason. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing incorrectly I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Are you saving Acad file as dxf and then importing to Artcam? What year and version Artcam?

Quote Originally Posted by bleeth View Post
    Are you saving Acad file as dxf and then importing to Artcam? What year and version Artcam?
    I am using ArtCAM 2011
    Yes I have tried to do both a DXF and DWG file to no avail.
    Thanks

If they are still recognized as a font then select them, rightclick, edit text and "change" to Garamond. Otherwise you can try simply redoing the fonts in Artcam as it can type Garamond as well.
    Not sure why it should change that way. I'm assuming this is a non-pirate version of Artcam. Some of the pirates do weird things. and don't have fixes applied. FYI as long as it is legit although the old Artcam forum is gone there is an Autodesk forum that Dillon can likely help you further on. If my suggestion doesn't work let me know and I'll dig up the link to the new forum. If you are a registered Autocad user of any kind then you have access with your Adesk user name and password.

Can you zip up the DXF or DWG (or both) and post or email it to me? I'll have a look.

Best email path via www.IBILD.com

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Explode the text prior to exporting from ACad
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Interesting that if I explode it in AutoCAD it looks exactly like what ArtCAM is doing to it. So I assume for some reason it is being exploded by ArtCAM when I import it. Is there a way to keep that from happening? Sorry for all the questions this machine/software is new to me. I’ve enjoyed working my way through other project since I’ve had it but this one has me stumped. I’m sure it’s something simple. It is not a pirated version of ArtCAM. I have noticed though that the Text Editor icon is asking for a license which I don’t have but have reached out to the former owner in hopes he does.

I emailed you a copy. Thanks

The easy way to solve this problem is to contact Artcam. But if it's not legal, there's no way.

Artcam is dead https://www.autodesk.com/products/artcam/overview

Support ends in a few days.