Thread: "Breaking up" a 3d file

Default "Breaking up" a 3d file

Hello,
    I have a 3d file that i created, and I want to break it up to just cut one section at a time. I can click on and highlight only one section, but when I write the toolpath, it cuts all the sections in the preview. Can that be done?

I've done that before by changing the material size...

I had a 4x8 foot 3D model I carved out of foam. I wanted to do it in 24" x 24" sections at a time. What I did was kept the 4x8 model as one piece, but changed the material size to 24" x 24".

Whatever section of the model I had positioned in that 24" area was the only part that would get toolpathed. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked.

Select “Vector Boundary” on the toolpath fill in sheet I and it will machine inside the selected vector.

Quote Originally Posted by waynelocke View Post
    Select “Vector Boundary” on the toolpath fill in sheet I and it will machine inside the selected vector.
    Perfect thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by waynelocke View Post
    You mean under "Machinign Limit Boundary" click "Selected Vector(s)" right? When I do that it tells me there is no suitable selected vector, and I clearly have a 3d vector selected (3d roughing path)

You need to create that vector, either by drawing it or with the create vector boundary tool on the modeling tab. Another option would be to turn off the separate sections in the component list.
    Scott