Thread: Only with a router

Default Only with a router

Attached Images Attached Images

A salute!

Fifteen years ago, when I purchased my Shopbot, there were few routing programs. For the first year I was only cutting panels and letters. Armed with a few needle sharp brad-point bits I could custom carve lettering and symbols. That was an exciting period. Then I purchased Artcam and the creative race was on. But the point is this, My Shopbot was a goldmine. Over the years the SB forum birthed dozens of businesses. So my hats off to Shopbot. Thank you.

Joe Crumley

Why the change of heart all of the sudden?

Eric,

No change of heart. I'm as critical now as before but it's a fact SB got me up and going. I graduated to more sophisticated dependable equipment.

Joe

So by your definition "critical" means routinely saying on other forums how terrible SBs are and suggesting to people that they buy other brands instead? Got it.

Come on Eric. I don't post on other forums.

Joe

unnamed.jpg

unnamed.jpg

There's plenty more you can find with a simple search. I'll leave it at this.

Those posts, and others you can find, are all pretty old. Joe is sharing his advice and experience here that applies to any router.
    One shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Very few have his sign carving experience and ability and fewer share their work here.
    Many appreciate it. Let's keep the posts on topic-Sign production.
    Joe, myself, and many others bought early Bots and all knew there were issues after using them for a short time.
    Some accepted them, some modified their tools to help alleviate them, and some ended up with different tools. Nothing wrong with pointing out honest challenges or taking different paths to solve them.
    Peace on Earth and Goodwill to ALL.
    Thanks.

Well said Dave. Although we may not always agree on lots of things, Joe has been incredibly generous with his ideas and thoughts and inspired so many on this forum. Although I'm not in any way a sign guy, I've learned a lot about materials and techniques from him and always enjoy seeing the pictures he posts.