Thread: Long shank beading bit?

Default Long shank beading bit?

OK put your thinking caps on for me. I am 700 miles away from my shopbot, no one in this area i can't find with a cnc. I have no router table so i was going to make a cheap one out of plywood.

I am trying to recreate this door trim molding. The problem is the beading bit i have is too short. I wanted the trim to be about 3" wide and maybe 1/2" blank on each side but by the time the bit sticks thru the table it might bead the bottom part of a board and not the center.
    I can't afford a molder/shaper for a grand. Does anyone know where i can find a longer shank beading bit? I've looked on ebay, amazon and magnate. Or if you have a better solution or other way to do this please tell me! thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

They don't make anything like this for the table saw do they?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Research led me to table saw molding kits. Any recommendations for a triple bead molding cutter?
    Words of Wisdom:
    -----------
    -----------

Craftsman makes a molder head for the table saw. The should have all shapes of cutters to put in it. Shopsmith also used to make a molder head and all shapes of cutters. Not sure if Shopsmith is still in business.

I have one of the Craftsman cutters I got from my father in law works pretty good just be careful of knots in the wood. Kick back caused 11 stitches in my palm