Thread: New Line in MSGBOX

Default New Line in MSGBOX

Anyone know how to get a new line or line feed in a message box so it can be formatted? I can't get any special characters I'm used to in other languages, e.g., %10, $chr(10), \n.

And don't get me going on commas. Is there no way to get a comma in a string?

Quote Originally Posted by shasselberg View Post
    Anyone know how to get a new line or line feed in a message box so it can be formatted? I can't get any special characters I'm used to in other languages, e.g., %10, $chr(10), \n.

And don't get me going on commas. Is there no way to get a comma in a string?
    have you tried “\r”?
    And no, you cannot use a comma in a MSGBOX according to the reference guide...

Thanks, but \r didn't work either.

And back to commas, other programming languages have ways to make special characters mere text, like enclose in quotes, precede with \ % $ or something.

Odd, in one case I want to make text be a special character, "\n" becomes linefeed. In the other I want to make a special character text, I want the delimiter to just be a comma.

Did you ever get this to work? I'm running into the same problem and have tried every variation I can think of to slip a CRLF into the string I display.