Hi everyone,

My static woes continue...after weeks of problem-free operation, yesterday it was back to the same old problem while surfacing a slab.

I'm 99.9% sure the problem happens only when running my 3HP Oneida Gorilla Pro -- which is quite powerful and moves tons of air. I have also never experienced this problem March/April - September/October.

I am done troubleshooting and tinkering and need a "winter workaround." The idea is to get a less powerful DC, tap into existing ductwork with as short a run as possible, and run it during high static months instead of the Oneida.

The tricky part is that the workaround DC needs to be powerful enough to collect chips, but not too powerful such that the high airflow causes the same problem.

So....1hp wall mount, 1.5hp, or 2hp? I would rig up a cyclone separator no matter the choice; and because the CNC makes more chips than dust, I am not too worried about super fine micron filtration. At least I don't think I am.....

The wall mount intrigues me because I could mount it high on the wall and tie into existing ducting near the ceiling instead of at the floor where you work against gravity. Seems much more efficient. I guess I could wall mount a 1.5 or 2hp motor too with some hacking.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Brian