Thread: How Awesome is ShopBot?

Default How Awesome is ShopBot?

This is my shop on November 8, 2018; consumed by the Camp Fire:

shop3.jpg

This is my shop on December 6, 2018; open for business:

Small Shop New.JPG

Our recovery would not have been possible without the immediate and selfless support of ShopBot Tools. Words cannot express...

Brett

THAT had to be heartbreaking Brett!!
    Hard to imagine for most, but my land was totally burned in the Maine fire of '47("The Week Maine Burned"), and not a tree for miles around survived. Talked to many of the old timers here(including a few that were driven into the ocean huddling with their kids under wet blankets), and seen many of the pics, but still can't imagine exactly what everyone out your way went through.
    REMARKABLE recovery on your part!!!
    I admire your work and attitude!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Glad to see you have recovered so quickly. Hope others in the area will have a similar experience with their recovery.

Hey Brett,

That's so great to see!

The Shelter 2.0 project is working with some folks out that way to supply some of the smaller 8x8 structures for recovery efforts. We would love to talk a bit if you have some time...just sent contact info in a private message

Bill

You didn't explain exactly what ShopBot Tools did for you. Please do so. Thanks.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Looks like a Desktop on the desktop! 👍
    Scott

Possibly something like what happened to us in January 2014?
    Dad was at a trade show in Germany when he was admitted to hospital there for a virus that was damaging his heart. He ignored Drs orders, and was driven by ambulance with a RN who flew with him to Boston,to an ambulance that took him to Mass General ICU...prognosis was grim.

BUT he called me and told me to get our second Desktop, built exactly like mine with 3 extra prox switches/ a custom fabbed spindle interlock key/ AND a Makercrate NOT available to the public, they had previously only used fro Trade Shows....STAT!

Bookkeeper and husband shoveled 14" of snow and drove to bank in a blizzard to wire money to Dianne at Sales...Dianne Had Gordon Fab interlock and wire proxs, while Bill Young and TJ drove to Bill's shop and cut the Makercrate in a cold snap.
    Bill and TJ sidelined/Rejected the first Makercrate as defective as they sanded through the thin veneer on a small section of one of his dovetails...They made another of New Zealand Pine with a thicker face veneer, AND made it wheelchair accessible for me at zero cost as they thought it was going to my house(Thanks!).
    Dianne changed the delivery location and put a Rush on it at no charge to us.

TRULY a last minute Scramble!
    BUT Shopbot came through, and was shipped in days... BEFORE Dad's heart surgery...which was GOOD, as he thought it a dying wish to get the Northern business started!
    TRULY think Shopbot's efforts gave Dad the boost he needed for those 3 weeks of touch and go

Added plus was I got the "Reject" Maker crate flat packed to me, and the thoughtful "wheelchair" cutout front panel and floor, make things tremendously easier, and less painful for me every day!

Dad is now terminal on Home Hospice care, and forgets things a little....BUT Just mentioned this story 2 days ago!!!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine