Thread: Desk Top 2012 Hobby Machine

Hybrid View

Default Desk Top 2012 Hobby Machine

2012 Desktop with spindle. $3500 or best offer. Bits, colets, vac/dust/ dust deputy system, table etc. Minimal use, Pickup in AZ please
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default a few questions about your router

Hello, what voltage is the router? Is software included and which version? Did you like using this router and what did you make with it. I am somewhat familiar with Shopbot. I used a 48"x 48" version for several years. Now am interested in a smaller Cnc for lutherie. Thank you.

Not a router;
    https://store.shopbottools.com/produ...nt=31762369802

Don't be thinking 1hp is too small....got WAY more torque than my 3.5 HP CP plunge router, and only managed to stall it twice in 5 years by massive operator error...skipping a decimal point and trying to ramp into a .5" cut in TEAK at 3 IPS, INSTEAD of a .05 skimming pass....and another time in Teak where I skipped the decimal entirely and tried to carve with my collet/nut

I can hold a conversation with a spindle, whereas with a router I'd have my Peltors on!
    Same spindle and looks like the same Delta S1 VFD.
    Can't tell if it has the Z-Retrofit package from Pic, but search for Desktop 5.5"Z upgrade kit on forum or Google...still using my late 2013 with pleasure and accuracy with the Z upgrade
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Glad to help, it is a spindle (1 hp) as Scott noted (not a router), 110 volt system, Delta S1 VFD. I certainly never found anything it won't cut, quietly, I might add, as the unit is in my house. It's the original Z height 4 inches I think so if you want more you need to look at the upgrade kit available fro SB (5.5). As to software, I've always used ASPIRE from Vectric (which I am keeping). It came with the SB version of V carve which I never loaded so maybe 8.0? You can have it, but believe it will have to transferred into your name for maybe 50 bucks. Then you can upgrade to current for fees (you'll have to talk to SB for details).
    As to use, signs, some three D stuff. I moved on to a LASER habit, then got access to a big CAM MASTER, so the desktop fell into little use. Runs great, few deck nicks from the learning process. Bits, full set of 13 collets, no PC (keeping it with the LASER) clamps, MISC stuff, KREG table that it sets on. ASO there you go, any others question, fire away.

May we ask exactly where in AZ?
    Phoenix or Tucson?
    Thanks.
    (you can send me a private msg.)
    Our most important shop tool is the pencil sharpener!

The unit is in the PHX area.