Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wave Panel

Island Furniture Ltd., Vaucluse Factory St. Thomas

Spoke to architect - he want a rendering for client approval - He thinks this will work. How shall we proceed? Perhaps photoshop a panel section onto the elevation drawing? I dont want to order the cut file and have the client say that's not quite what I want. I'm sure you've been there......

Tell the architect that you will bill for the rendering. Just the thought of paying often clarifies things. You can bet that the architect does not give renderings away. As a general proposition you should try never to give away design time. It is imminently reasonable.

never to give away design time I totally agree. Three aspects need to be part of your billing calculations in order to come up with a total. Design, machining, and finishing. If the client requires a rendering then that should be billed as a separate function. My 2 cents worth, spend wisely! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

10-4 on that! He says a concept works and now would like specific labor to produce a custom part for him.
    This is far beyond using a cabinet program to produce a rendering elevation or panorama with basic entries.
    You send him the rendering. Guess what? He then says that's "almost it but can you...…?" or worse.
    I spent my woodworking career by scribbling a design on a notepad and getting a deposit before I went down the road of presentable layouts or renderings.
    Didn't do bad. Only got shafted a couple times and that was when I did go against this or a couple other basic common sense business rules.

On this topic I'm in full agreement with Dave.

I enjoy working with architects but of all my customers there expectations can quickly get out of hand. In their defense they often don't know the degree of difficulty their orders entail. I watch my architects more closely than other clients. But the work is good as long as you don't let them work you in a corner.

Mark -

Architect accepted your wave design - I copied a section of the wall and pasted it onto the panel of the elevation drawing. Would you be willing to do me a cut file based on a section of your wave wall design? I used the upper left hand section to copy. The panel is 27 1/4"w x 61 7/8"h.

Good morning Mark and all the best for the New Year. Don't know whether you got my last. I would like to use your cut file for the door panels if you could help me out here. I have no problem paying for the file but have to get it done this week and time is getting away from me. Please let me know if you can help.

Hello all -

Have been trying to get in touch again with Mark Farris. The wave wall design will work perfectly for the panel but he is apparently not getting my posts or PM's. Is there anyone out there that can do this cut file for me based on Mark's wave wall design? Time is running out on this and there is no one here in Barbados that can do the file.

Hello edp. I can help you with this. I have some texture designs including the following which are ready to go. Please PM me to discuss.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (165.5 KB, 288 views)

Grant can sure do this for you, but also if you left click on Mark's name in thee corner of his post you can send an email
    New member Grant? LOL