Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Shutdown

Default Complete Shutdown

We have always had ghosts in the machine but this one is a bit too consistent. We cut a flexible PVC all day everyday. On our older table(6' X 16' PRS Alpha circa 2007) we cut border so it has the least downtime. The issue is that this machine will stop and the software will close in the middle of a file. Sometimes it does this while warming up the spindle with the keyboard open. Sometimes mid cut. Sometimes 10 times a day and sometimes not one. Non of the other machines in the building do this. Any thoughts or direction will be appreciated.

Try pulling the ram out of the pc.. clean, blow off, and re-install.
    Kenneth

Have you tried swapping out computers to see if the issue follows the computer?
    SG

This is a brand new pc and I have three more exactly like it so i have not really considered it to be the issue, but I will start looking into that in the morning. Thank you for the new direction.

Just to clarify/eliminate one more possibility:
    What is status of control computer after the incident. Still running? Powered down as well?
    If so, it's just one of the handy new features of Windows 10.
    My brand new win10 drafting laptop likes to do precisely that. No warning. No reason. Online searches indicate this problem has been fixed. I disagree.
    Fortunately, I have a much older computer running the shopbot.

jeff

The control computer stays on. The Shopbot software closes out.

Did you reload the firmware with each computer change.

I have not changed out that PC yet. I have an update but I am unsure how conclusive it is. I was examining the Yaskawa VFD for unrelated issues and found that one of the three phase wires going to the spindle was not properly connected. It was just resting against the terminal. I fixed that and also found that the fan on the back of the VFD was packed full of our CNC debri and was unable to turn. After cleaning that out we have not (yet) experienced this shutdown issue. Could the VFD overheating cause a shutdown?

Well, the software continues to shut down. I will try swapping out the PC today.

If anyone is still reading this. I switched out the control PC with another control PC that normally runs another shopbot PRS Alpha and I still have the shutdown issue.