Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Complete Shutdown

Yesterday I unbolted the control box from the frame and set it on some plastic 4x4s to isolate it from the frame. Then I ran a ground wire from one of the legs to the conduit of the incoming 3-phase AC. This morning so far I have had 2 "unexpected return fault" errors. My AM radio should be here today so I will start playing with that soon.

So that has not solved the issue. Looking more closely I have noticed three separate errors. "Unexpected Return Fault", "Stop button hit", and the complete shutdown. I have been able to duplicate these errors by hitting the e-stop. So somehow the control box is getting a signal that the e-stop has been hit even though this is not the case. I tried shaking the e-stop while running a file and I could not get the errors. Today I replace the e-stop with a spare one I had laying around. We will see if that helps.

Not sure if this helps, but I was having an estop error on my PRS Alpha. I tried everything including sending the main board to showboat for them to test. They sent it back saying nothing wrong with it. I put the board back in and same problem. I decided to purchase a new board and problem gone. It was $$$$ but nothing else worked.
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

how many shopbots do you have

I only have one. What was interesting is another shop botter was having the same problem. We talked several times. He also ended up purchasing the main control board and his problem also went away
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

Thanx Ken. That sounds like a great last resort.