Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Good?

I have found Shopbot's support to be excellent. Fortunately I haven't needed much support.

Phil

Thanks Scott, I was wondering about accuracy and repeatability. I am going to cut wood and plastic. I just wanted a machine that wasn't a ton to move around. I am sure the Bot is a lot lighter and therefore as mentioned I will have to realize the depth and speed I have to use. Of course, I am usually running a lot slower and shallower than most people.

Default I love my Bot

I do not have a desktop model but the mechanics and software are similar. I am a model make and have found that the repeatability and accuracy is excellent. As others have already stated the Bot Family is why I bought my machine in the first place. For the past 10 years my machine has produced some really cool models, some pieces of furniture, lot's of toys, and some signs. Russ

A model

A table topper

a 1/8thh scale model

A small sign
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Searched for pics and found them for moving machine.
    My regular Desktop was easy to forklift at trucking company into my pickup, then 2 friends easily shifted crate onto a castered Delta workstand. Then remove upper part of crate,unpack, and got it last 20' into shop pretty easy.
    When my Makercrate was finished, easy enough for me in a wheelchair, and 82 yr old Mom to move to 'Crate top.(First 2 pics)

My friend Chad had one of the first Max's shipped, but had a total different situation......see next thread.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Chad had specified a "Lift Gate" on delivery truck,and managed to get it into garage on a furniture dolly from a muddy dirt drive.
    BUT he had to get it to back of house/down a steel bulkhead that had a landing and a 90 degree corner into basement

It had to be carried flat with 4 friend out back, then turned on side, and with 2-3 friends(third friend pretty useless and got squashed a little.
    VERY small tight landing with sheetrock walls. He was tempted to use his Shopbot "Emergency Hershey bar"

*Important* NOT to let gantry move too much/too fast(if at all), as Possible to generate electricity Back into your board and fry something!
    Here's some pics on how Chad did it.
    Hopefully you won't have such a scenario, but imagine with a cast iron table!

Chad eventually swapped for a conventional Desktop to RV with it as a forest firefighter in any down times.
    We always shipped our Desktop to trade shows with gantry parallel to direction of travel, and web strapped gantry as well for corners or accidents.
    Hopefully any help at all.
    scott
    scott P.
    Maine

Oh..in pic 4 "Eyebolts"were used to sling shoulder harnesses which saved it from dropping twice he said.
    scott P.
    Maine

Excellent work!

I have a shopbot buddy 24x32 with a 4 foot power stick which gives me a cutting area of 48x32. on occasion i cut something wider than 24 but wish the shopbot max was available when i made my purchase. I just recently had my buddy tuned up and this was my first cutting and fyi i use a porter cable router.