Thread: A display for increased sales

Default A display for increased sales

Happy Holiday everyone.

Attached is a photo of my first, simple, little display room. I didn't feel prospective customers had any idea of what could be done with a router so I quickly re-surfaced the entrance room with rough cedar siding and installed a few samples. The effect was increased interest in what I was doing along with good sales.

As I've posted earlier, display signs are magic. While making a sample I always learn something. It's a good practice to make samples often.

The alphabet is always a fun project.

Attached Images Attached Images

i use to have a wall like that but nothing ever sold. But your quality is on a far different left than mine. Merry Christmas

that is suppose to be level not left.

Cowboy,

Thanks for the kind words. Like you I never sold any of my samples from the display. The display is to show some of the techniques and options we could use. They are also examples of dimensional work as opposed to flat vinyl stickers. Anyway it's good to practice new techniques.

O, by the way, your 3d panels would sell like hot cakes in downtown NYC for big dollars. They are state of the art.

nyc Get a rope. : ) Now before anyone gets offended, that was a joke.. Thanks for those kind words. Speaking of which here is a work in progress. This is intended to be my show and tell at next octobers vectric owners group in Denver, but who knows if it will last that long. Made from a piece of black walnut scrap. Note to self, never throw away scrap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Clean cut and excellent finish as usual Rick!!

NICE room Joe!!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

thanks, 2 more coats of arm-r-seal and then it is done. then lets see if i can screw in the hooks straight.

An excellent job carving that walnut. I throw away too many small pieces like that. one trick I use for the hooks is to hit the hole pattern with a 60 degree bit at about .050 deep to locate centers and predrill.

never thought about that. One thing that helps me some, i have close to the precise measurements of the base of the hooks and i cut a pocket where the hooks should go. that way they are perfectly lined up. And if the plaque was wider i would put those on 16 inch centers to had the screws that secure it to the wall. thanks for the idea.