Thread: Shopbot PRT Alpha PC upgrade

Hybrid View

Hopkins Cabinetry Design & Sales, LLC, Villa Rica Ga

Default Shopbot PRT Alpha PC upgrade

Hi all thanks in advance,

It looks like I must upgrade my PC at the machine.
    For some reason the old PC does not like the usb drives anymore, it is a Vista version machine, any of them!

I recently bought V-carve pro V9, I have a PRT Alpha, so I need to match things up.

I design/engineer on a laptop with Windows 7.

The New PC will be dedicated to the Shopbot however I may connect it via wifi to the internet as we.

All advice welcomed again thanks in advance.

Carl

I design with Aspire on a fairly new laptop that runs Windows 10. I transfer my files via Dropbox and run SB3 on an older laptop with Windows 7. In my experience the Shopbot runs fine on the older PC.

Phil

Yeah I get the Shopbot works well with the older Windows. I need a new pc and don't want to buy a tower with windows 10 only to find them incompatible.

Maybe I wasn't clear, will the most recent Shopbot for my PRT Alpha run on windows 10?
    Should I just get a unit with an older version of windows?

Quote Originally Posted by carlhopkins View Post
    Yeah I get the Shopbot works well with the older Windows. I need a new pc and don't want to buy a tower with windows 10 only to find them incompatible.

Maybe I wasn't clear, will the most recent Shopbot for my PRT Alpha run on windows 10?
    Should I just get a unit with an older version of windows?
    Can you upgrade you OS

I called tech service today, I'm being told I will be fine on windows 10.

I was off on my windows version, my current one is XP, but the pc has gotten very slow to start and does not recognize the USB drives as it should.
    It's simply time for a new PC at the machine.
    I feel like I got my money's worth. I bought this old complete system for $60. at a yard sale about 8 or 10 years ago......

So this upgrade has been less than desirable. The first pc came in and only worked about 5-10 mins, the replacement was not shipped when I as told.
    So new pc is in, all software installed and shopbot runs fine in preview mode but does not find the COM port.

I've tried several things including several versions of the sp software. I guess Monday a call in to tech support and see what they can tell me....?