Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D "Owl in a Black Walnut Branch"

Thanks Scott will be ordering sometime in the future. Shop was almost complete when I experienced excruciating pain in feet and ankles. Told all of the generous volunteers that I would try to finish myself at a different pace as I could not keep up with them any longer. Was a journey trying to get relief from the pain. Spent months not even working on or in the shop. Now for the past three months I have been working on and in the shop but only last from 2 to 6 hours before pain is unbearable. Have a plan to replace my ankles this year. Started a deck/porch yesterday so I can have a ramp into the shop after the surgeries (3 total). 2 Months no weight bearing on first surgery. 1 month for the replacements. I have a motorized scooter that was my dads that I will use to access the shop. I have been leveling slabs on the bot and am planning to make some coffee table and benches while I'm recovering.

Sorry to hear David!
    Ramps are a good idea anyways. Scooter to get around long distance is good idea, but scooter in shop would be like playing Bumper Cars for me
    Possible to see if you can find a solid aluminum wheelchair in some town nearby that has an "Equipment Closet" like in our town and next town over here?
    Pretty easy adapting stuff for "Chair, and you can get closer than a Scooter?

Had 2 knees and hips done in family in last 18 months with Aunts....ranging in age 78-87(Mom), and all are doing VERY well!
    Good luck......been stuck in bed rest(feet higher than heart) 11 months in past 3 years myself......good idea to have a laptop so you can program in bed!
    Wear good foot "Bumpers" when in shop!! LOTS of sharp edges at foot level!!

Slab work is one place I wish for a bigger machine(AND shop!).....I have to do it the old fashioned way, and not being able to "Walk" a plane or belt sander is a PITA!!

Doubt much could keep you down for long!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

I have a shop stool that I put 4" casters on and can haul a-- across shop. Might use that if scooter doesn't work out. Will have to use that for any table saw work as setting doesn't work at the table saw.

scott P.
    Maine

Very nice Scott!

SG

Congratulations Scott on a fine article. I have always admired your work and this owl is awesome. May give it a try sometime.

Thanks Steve and David!

Sent the info 4 months ago, and figured the changed their minds after my rambling discourse
    Musta taken a Bunch of red ink to pare it down....They did very good sticking to the facts I mentioned!
    Never even had a project in there before...so nice to see this from a cast off branch prototype!
    scott P.
    Maine