Thread: Cabinet shop software

Default Cabinet shop software

What are some of the software being used by cabinet shops that have a cnc machine. I have a small three man shops that puts out 1 set of cabinets per month. Would like to increase that by fully using my cnc router. Thanks

I would recommend Mozaik. I've been using it foor 5+ years. It has come a long way. And for the price it's the best deal out there. I've used them all, Cabinet Vision (very nice, way too pricey, big up-front cost), Cabinet Pro (not bad, pay for upgrades, not good graphics), Cabinet Parts Pro (Very basic, not for a cabinet shop), E-Cabinet Solutions (Very limited for other machines other than theirs, no support for ShopBot anymore), Cabinet Solutions (good entry level software). If your going to be in the cabinet business, your going to have to pay for good software. No way around it, time is money. I would suggest you with renting a few of the big name ones and see how you like them. There is a learning curve to all of theme. Most have a rent to own or a month to month or rent as you need it, but that cost bit more. Good luck!

thank you for the information

KCD Software. Not cheap but excellent, free support. I’ve had KCD since 1998 and Shopbot since 2004. They work fantastic together
    Last edited by sawkerf; 01-23-2019 at 11:54 PM.

I've been using e-Cabinets for like 6 years. While definitely not intuitive, once you get it figured out it works pretty well for cabinets, especially for free software. But it isn't really free because you need to buy a ShopBot Link key to be of any real use. As a small shop also, I looked at ALL the ones out there & it's limited & nothing seems to be changing. Don't know about them not supporting SB anymore like JMCS said though.

Here's a link to their forum:
    http://www.thermwood.com/forums/view...39956f4ed39551

Daren

Check out the thread below. It's cheap and may do what your wanting. I downloaded free version a few days ago and was able to make a small 8' wall of cabinets fairly easily. I have not cut anything yet.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...-of-preference