Hybrid View

Default CabWriter Pro software?

Anyone try this system?

http://www.cabwritersoftware.com/cabwriter-pro/

Utilizes all 3 components I already do:
    Sketchup
    Cutlist Plus fx
    Vectric VCPro

What appeals most to me is the flow through improvement. Automates quite a bit of the manual drafting/dxf exporting, etc.
    Tempting, based on my 12 years experience with Sketchup.

I've been in conversations with the folks there. Very nice people. I know Sketchup, Cutlist FX and Aspire. I currently use eCabs and SBLink.

I haven't convinced myself that I want to go thru a learning curve to unlearn eCabs/SBLink and relearn a new system. Also, the CNC module for CabWriter is extra.

They suggested I download the trial version and see what it's all about. The trial version lasts 30 days. I don't have the time to devote to learning the software in 30 days. Currently in the shop 10-12 hours a day trying to get projects done for customers. At 60, and thinking about retiring in a couple years, I'm not sure I want to start over. eCabs/SBLink does what I need.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Default Cabinet Sense OR CabWriter?

Don,
    I've got the reverse circumstances - tried ecabs long ago, found it incredibly tedious to learn, so I've stuck with Sketchup. Just getting to a point where cabinetry has become a much larger percentage of my work, and size of current project has me longing for a smoother flow through.
    Someone once told me, when it comes to software, honor your original decision, right or wrong, it's easier to stay the course.
    Learning is one thing, as you say, unlearning is excruciating....
    This is why the Sketchup based stuff is appealing to me - at least I've got the foundation. Looks like Cabinet Sense is almost the same as CabWriter.
    Guess I should have asked if anyone was using either of these....
    jeff
    Last edited by jTr; 01-30-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Original reply not long winded enough....

Mozaic is also a sketch-up base design/cnc output package (with add-ons)
    Some like it due to subscription ability. Have not personally checked out interface.

Dave,
    I've considered Mozaik also. It was noted on another forum that it is not exactly Sketchup - they stated you do a coarse draft in Mozaik, export to sketchup to dress for presentation, but it would not accept a Sketchup model or changes rendered and imported back into Mozaik (Unless I completely misunderstood that post if anyone can verify or correct me?).

Subscription doesn't bother me too much, but CabWriter appeals more, as a one time purchase Sketchup plugin, CNC ready at about $750. That's quite reasonable. (If it works well...?)