Thread: Online Training Thursday February 14th 2019 - Introduction 3D Carving

Default Online Training Thursday February 14th 2019 - Introduction 3D Carving

Hello everyone,

Please join ShopBot Tools this Thursday February 14th, 2019 for a free online training. The topic this week is “Introduction 3D Carving.” The training begins at 1:00pm eastern time and runs approximately 45 minutes. It is then followed up by a 45 minute Q & A for participates to ask questions and work with each other.

One of my favorite things to use my ShopBot CNC machine for is to make 3D carvings. This training will look into materials, bit selection, feeds/speeds and 3D machining toolpaths. Since this is an introduction tutorial we will use Vectric VCarve Pro and focus on importing 3D models and cutting them out. We will also look at the next level of modeling where Aspire, Fusion 360 and other CAD software’s are used.
    Our training this week is full of information that will help you successfully import and cut 3D models with your ShopBot CNC machine. Please join us.

There is no need to sign up, just show up a few minutes early on Thursday and click on the link below. You will log into GoToMeetings and wait for the training to get started. Make sure your computer volume is turned on.

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot me an Email. This training will be recorded and posted for future viewings. Those recordings can be found on our ShopBot Tools Training Page.
    Thanks and we hope to see you there. Thanks, TJ

Introduction 3D Carving
    Thu, Feb 14, 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/371656269

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 371-656-269

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
    Dial: 67.217.95.2##371656269
    Cisco devices: 371656269@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check:
    https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Sounds like a good way to relax after shoveling out TJ
    The "Next" level sounds interesting, but some on Vectric forum are having trouble with even the basics..so I mentioned this class.
    Hoping to be there
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

It looks like we are going to need a few more training sessions on 3D carving! We only scratched the surface today in our two hour training. We had a great turnout of 79 people! Lots of great show and tell, welcome all the newcomers and it was great to see the seasoned ShopBotters in there as well! Thanks for keeping me on my toes! Here is the recorded portion, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/YhrOX7H-_mk