Thread: Wanting to Sell

Default Wanting to Sell

Earlier I posted a desktop 18X24 ShopBot for sale. I've had a fair number of folks stop and look and essentially no replies. This is a $7,500 machine with additional accessories that I posted at what I considered a reasonable price. Yet no inquiries. I guess I'm stumped - are people just not interested in the small footprint; is the price too high.
    I'd like honest feedback about what I posted and I don't want to look like someone begging to sell. I can take a tax write off for what is below market value - just looking for honest response for what sells and what doesn't. Admin chime in too
    LeoT97

I've seen a few posted for 4k that got snatched up. If you look up the current price for a new one it's about 7500. It may not have the extras that you have, but still someone can buy a new one for what you are asking.. 5k will probably move it. Good luck with it.

There is another big name brand, that has a larger footprint and more ridged, that can be had for less when they are available.
    There was just a 2'x3', only a couple years old with low hours, that sold for $4500. It included a lot of extras, including the latest version of software.
    The selling price included the software license transfer.

Where are your pics in the ad? Take lots of pics of the actual machine - don't assume people are going to just correlate your machine being exactly like the ones sold by SB. Takes pics of EVERYTHING that is included in the sale - just like Ebay. You have to give people something they can look at/dream about/visualize themselves using.

You posted it on 2/6. Today is 2/12....not much time has past and quite honestly, it isn't the best time for selling a machine. Most people looking for a machine in this price range are still paying off Christmas...AND there is a ton of competition out there with other machines on par with, better or worse than what you have.

Clean it - post pics and make it look like the best machine available. 60% of what you paid is about average price.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

>> Clean it

I'm amazed at how many people post horribly crudy pictures of their machines when selling them. A few hours of careful scrubbing, vacuuming and brushing will be well worth it.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Appreciate the feedback. I may repost it for sale later using the advice given here - I listed expected to be negotiated down to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by LeoT97 View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. I may repost it for sale later using the advice given here - I listed expected to be negotiated down to be fair
    I looked at your post, and like others have said, I passed on because no pictures, and price too close to new. Like Brady said, the 60% of new is more accurate price, sub-$5000 and they do seem to sell faster.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Sold thank you!