Thread: RPM issues

Hybrid View

Default RPM issues

I am having spindle issues with my cabinet link.

I have a Standard 96x48

I have set my drilling applications to drill at 2500 rpm on the HSD 2.2 spindle. when I go to run the link it changes the RPM to 2500 then right when it turns on the spindle settings change to 18k rpm and starts going
    I do not want to run it at this speed and I am perplexed as to what is happening. for the record I did a test in aspire and saved two different tool paths to the auto tool change post processor (yes, I don't have ATC) and it ran it as one file like I would with ecabinets. I was prompted to change bits and the spindle speed changed flawlessly through aspire. so I am not sure why it does not work with the ecab link.

next,
    I thought shopbot controls 3.8.5 may not work well with the link so I uninstalled 3.8.5 and installed 3.6.44 I actually like they way this looks a lot more. installing 3.6.44 gave me the command prompt and asked if I had various tools in the spindle which 3.8.5 sometimes did and sometimes did not, however, the spindle will still display 2500 to drill and then jump to 18k a the machine starts to run.

so I am at a loss I have the HSD 2.2 and the Yaskawa v1000

any help would be appreciated I have also called the folks at shopbot and ecabinets for help.

I can't tell you anything about Link, but at some point around 200x SB programmed the lower RPM limit on all spindles to 5,000 RPM. This is because the torque is pretty much worthless below this speed, even for drilling with a small bit.

The issue is most likely that you try to set the speed to 2,500, but that isn't a valid speed for the 5,000 RPM low limit so it defaults to 18,000.

Try setting the RPM to something like 6,000 RPM and see if that changes anything.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Brady! you hit the nail on the head thank you. the only paper I had for my HSD gave a much wider range in rpm so that is why I went with 2500 thank you so much I felt like I was running my head into a wall.

next question during bit changes I am asked if I want to use the remote to move the machine for bit changes I click yes, but the move speed goes down to 1inch per sec from 3 inch per sec. I have not been able to figure out how to set the move speed back to 3 without closing the link program.

Solved. with the keyboard open i hit jog to next and the machine runs at jog speed instead of running at the move speed.

I run all my drilling operations with SBLink at 6400RPM with a plunge of 60IPM. I use actual boring bits (Amana), not standard drill bits or router bits. I've got the same 1/4" boring bit I've had for 9 years and still makes perfect shelf pin holes.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.