Thread: School Project

Hybrid View

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I think this project is going to be as much fun for Carol as it is for me!

CG thanks tons for the offer to travel to Texas but, at this point we are going to try and stay within New England so we can easily transport materials.

I will be reading tons of postings as I try to get ready for my first machine. Unfortunately, more like 12 months out from a purchase.

Kristi

So far no luck with fablabs or makerspaces. The one in NH is closed. MITs is not open to the public and haven't heard back from a few others in MA or ME.

I have also reached out to a local cabinet maker and Carol's Mom stopped by there but no luck yet.

This weekend Carol is coming over to plan/design and make an initial materials list! I hope I can still make the CNC part possible for her. This am we had a little strategy meeting as she had a 2 hour delay due to more snow. This 10 yr old is REALLY pumped up for this project. Of course adding pizza and a movie night to the design day help as well!

Thanks for any more advice that can be given

Kristi Gaff and Carol Lupien

Have you tried a Google Maps search for Makerspaces in New Hampshire? Not sure where you are but a quick search showed a handful of them.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/m...-71.5940874,9z