Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopbot Controller

Hey Guys.....I’ve got Shopbot techs on the case now. It’s narrowing down to the USB control card .....it looks like it might have given up the ghost!!!!......just waiting for confirmation......
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

Just a final follow up in case any one else in this situation. The controller board (the one that the USB cable is connected to) was indeed fried. Shopbot sent out a new one and once installed the Buddy was recognised in the Device Manager.
    BUT it still did not work and still kept saying no device connected.....what the!!!!

Anyhow after some to and froeing with Shopbot tech it was decided I needed to reinstall the Shopbot software from scratch. They suggested I upgrade to latest version 3.8.50 from my 3.6.44......bit nervous about it but hey I had no option.

Well Shopbot sent me really good instructions, including going into the registry and cleaning out the old SB3 software. I was back to complete clean base to reinstall. Went a dream and installed perfectly and all working tip top again������

Nice to know that the machine is backed by such good product support team!

Cheers

Just out of curiosity, what did this problem end up costing you from Shopbot? What build year is your machine?
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

The board cost (after applying the Aussie peso exchange rate and international priority mail) just over $350
    But I can’t complain as I purchased the Buddy PRS 48 in 2011 and this has been my first breakdown in that time......so really, really can’t complain.

Cheers