Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas on making this barnwood sign

ok finally customer got his stuff together. he is a new sign guy so he needs hand holding. I decided to go with wood as he is not skilled at painting I used west systems g flex epoxy to glue 1/8" cedar onto dibond. I used the metal side and sanded it well. man this epoxy stinks. but you see in the pic even with all that bending it is not coming loose. my customer will put semi transpartent stain on it and his customer knows they need to apply the stain through the years. Now I need to recut the letter centers as the a vanished. then I will be cutting the acrylic push through letters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve,

Nice looking sign.

Push through letters are good looking with light behind them. My only concern is moisture that will set around the letters which will cause the wood to swell or come apart. If the wood is plywood it's going to be a problem.

Best wishes.

Joe

these will be lighted. but they are going to use a gray stain on the wood so it wont contrast well. I was worried about wood movement too. so I used cedar and planed it down to 1/8" as thats the thickness wood does not move very much. then the flexible epoxy should help. I wanted to use e600 but You cant glue large surfaces that way. but I also told them the face may fail and they were ok with it. they also need ot use a deck stain on it on a regular basis.