Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed.....

My first thought was to scribe the counter top but after seeing the 3rd picture, I'm with John. Some drywall work is needed.

Just caulk it
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

It's the walls, not the counters. The companies that make those inexpensive laminate postformed tops get 90 degree square right on but walls rarely are.
    If you really want it to look right then pick up some drywall mud and float the wall (in stages).

Like I said, all options listed, will look like poo. Very noticeable. With the exception of drywall work, and that is work.
    You didn't mention if the overhead cabinets fit properly in the corner.
    From the image of the counter top, it doesn't appear factory seamed. There is an obvious seam. All of the tops I've ever seen, don't have the substrate (dark line) showing, the pattern meets tight. There's only a change in direction.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Like I said, all options listed, will look like poo. Very noticeable. With the exception of drywall work, and that is work.
    I've done a lot of drywall work so for me, it would be a matter of maybe an hour not counting drying time. I would use the edge of the top cabinet as a seam and not go any farther. After straightening out the corner, the rest would be caulk. The end result would look perfect. There are few options that would result in that end. Of all the things that can be done in a house, drywall is the most forgiving and easiest to correct errors and screwups.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Thanks for the replies but i figured out a solution. What i did was to scribe a piece of wood to attach to the back and ordered a 2 inch wide strip of the same laminate. Glued the laminate onto the wood, shaved it down, the two straight edges butted up good and that solved the problem.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson