Thread: System variables question...

Default System variables question...

Are all the system variables "%(nn)" read-only? It /appears/ that way, but I wanted to know for sure. (When I make an assignment like "%(1) = 24.0625", the contents of %(1) don't change to reflect the assignment)

In the v3.8.50 client, The "List Current Variables" command lists quite a number of things. Where is the software reading these from, or are they hard-coded constants in the software?

Thanks all!

g.

From the Programming Handbook... These are variables maintained by the software and related to tool setup and operation. You can "get" them, but not write to them in the same manner. If you wanted to change the value that is in %(1), which is the current X location DRO, you would have to use VA,24.0625 or &NewXVal=24.0625 then VA,NewXVal.
    Scott

What page? I can't believe I missed that.

Thanks..

g.

Page 9 for the system vars and the comref.pdf for the VA command and all the others.
    Scott

The system variables are listed on page 35 of the programming handbook, with no illumination of their origin, so I don't know what manual you're looking at page 9 of. Also the "VA" command mentions nothing about system variables, but due other things I've read I was able to work out their origin.

g.