Thread: Harwood supplier for 24" x 24" x 1 to 2" thick wood

Default Harwood supplier for 24" x 24" x 1 to 2" thick wood

Help finding this.
    I am looking for a good place to purchase hardwood around 1 to 2" thick and 24" x 24".

I doubt you're going to find much in that size. I suggest building up your own piece. Done right, it's difficult to find the seams. Start with a board that's consistent in color and grain throughout the entire length. Maple is good. So is oak. The species depends a lot on what you want to do with it. Skip the big box stores. They have ****. Try a local lumberyard instead.
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

Google "sawmills in Texas"
    you have a bunch of them around your area where you can get slabs, Garrets is probably the closest to you
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

I’ve done business with these folks in the past…

http://www.mgsawmill.com/index.html

SG

A sawmill is your best bet, a lot of the smaller mills sell wood right off the mill though usually not kiln dried, as it dries it may warp or crack. I mill a lot of my wood I try to air dry 4 months and then put it in the kiln. The arborist site has a lot of info. https://www.arboristsite.com

Thanks for the quick response. I will check them out.

Got a local one man sawmill. He also has a large hand build cnc router. I've seen him offer cedar in those sizes but he may have other? Camden, Tennessee. On FB look up dans sawmill.

I have bought from these guys before but it has been years and i dont go to houston enough to justify it. They do have a huge supply and are located on the edge of the heights. https://www.clarkshardwood.com/ I pay a high price for my wood, but i found a local furniture maker. when i need a plank of wood i get them close to the dimensions that i want. typically my planks are 19x20x1.7 inches thick, but that size is what i want, you can go with your own dimensions. Just an email from me, he orders, rips, glues and sands the planks. but since i am 200 miles round trip to the closest hardwood store its worth it.