Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Artcam lives!!!

Congrats Bryan... having fun with the interactive relief tools yet?
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Well, I should have followed my own advise. Carveco is a great program and the pricing structure is okay but without a post processor for my Camaster Stinger it is almost useless. The generic WinCNC PPs may work but the included Cobra one definitely will not. I have the Fast Tool Change feature and the Ornamental lathe that need addressing also. Not sure where to go from here. Maybe look into the refund guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Congrats Bryan... having fun with the interactive relief tools yet?
    Brady you talking about the smudge, carve, smooth, etc tools? if so yes alot of time the standard file I have needs a bit of tweaking for the clients request and nothing like the power to remove or add what you need to make them happy or at least a bit happier some clients will never me happy 100% by I do what I can and tell them that :-)

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

Steve
    Post processors are editable that you can adjust, then option 2, have you contacted Camaster about an updated post p ?
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Well, I should have followed my own advise. Carveco is a great program and the pricing structure is okay but without a post processor for my Camaster Stinger it is almost useless. The generic WinCNC PPs may work but the included Cobra one definitely will not. I have the Fast Tool Change feature and the Ornamental lathe that need addressing also. Not sure where to go from here. Maybe look into the refund guarantee.
    Steve..
    Why are you asking about a CAMaster PostP on the ShopBot forum without asking on the CAMaster forum first? As Gary B states, the Carveco posts are virtually as editable as Vectric's are. They were basically cut from the same cloth, so to speak.
    Gary Campbell
    GCnC Control
    GCnC411(at)gmail(dot)com
    Servo Controller Upgrades
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1

"We can not solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them"
    Albert Einstein

Maybe I should ask the question on the Camaster forum but we were talking about software. Maybe the posts are as editable but with Vectric's software I didn't have to edit or adapt anything. Plus, the initial cost is nearly the same minus $400. CNC machining is not my career, just a hobby.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-13-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Maybe I should ask the question on the Camaster forum but we were talking about software. Maybe the posts are as editable but with Vectric's software I didn't have to edit or adapt anything. Plus, the initial cost is nearly the same minus $400. CNC machining is not my career, just a hobby.
    Steve,
    Don't take this the wrong way but there's no need to get rammy about a post processor. It's the weekend. It's a new software company. Do them a solid and send them your working vectric post processor and ask them for help. It isn't a big deal and they'll make it right.

Checking into the refund guarantee? Did you really just go there? Seriously?

Bryan...no...if I have time I'll send you a little demo... you'll love this...
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

FYI: Post processors are generally supplied by the Machine Manufacturer to the software company.
    Interestingly enough, there have been some issues with SB's processor in the past (not sure if they have been worked out or not) in which some files when created just had way too many lines.
    AC had been supplied a new PP by SB for the release. At the time I was trying to get it working right with SB but it wasn't resolved and I ended up using an older pp. Of course, I had no thought or reason to "slam" AC.
    There is a nice demo someone posted on the Autocad Artcam forum of 3D distortion and smudge in action. Starts with a basic vector square, raised to a dome with the shape editor, and then really gets interesting.
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/artca...8657294/page/5
    Scroll down the page and you will see the video.

I heard back from carveco on my inquiry about license transfer.
    They verified that in the case of a private sale, license and maintenance can be transferred. They did not specify if there would be a fee involved.
    Unrelated:
    I did finally install Carveco and started playing around. So far so good. I think I'm going to be very happy with this software.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Steve,
    Don't take this the wrong way but there's no need to get rammy about a post processor. It's the weekend. It's a new software company. Do them a solid and send them your working vectric post processor and ask them for help. It isn't a big deal and they'll make it right.

Checking into the refund guarantee? Did you really just go there? Seriously?

Bryan...no...if I have time I'll send you a little demo... you'll love this...
    No, I really don't want to go there. Only as a last resort. It's really a great program and I was just frustrated.

I just received an email from Carveco with an attachment containing a PP for the Stinger. To be honest, I really didn't expect a response this quick and it was truly astounding customer service. I will give it a test as soon as I can.