Thread: Artcam lives!!!

Hybrid View

Beckwith Decor Products, Derby/Wichita KS

the price of the software is set, which includes 12 months of maintenance is the way I'm reading that, and it appears the yearly maintenance has not be set yet but would expect it to be comparable to previous Delcam versions with a modest inflation increase.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA
    Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor

Yearly maintenance is around $1500. For those with sticker shock, CarveCo is about the same price as ArtCAM was 20 years ago give or take $150. Maintenance fees are also about the same. I'm really glad I was able to get in on the introductory offering.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Although I don't like to speculate on other companies pricing structure, just for clarity, maintenance for Delcam Artcam Pro and Jewelsmith was $1200, Insignia was $450. Since Carveco only comes in premium version at present, which is equivalent to Jewelsmith and being in line with the selling price structure I expect maintenance will be $1350. Knowing what you get under the maintenance, to me it's a its well worth the money spent.

Now as a business its overhead, its a tax deductible expense. if we take the 1350 and divide by 12 months = 112.50. most people pay more for TV per month than that. As a business you should pro rata the cost and add as overhead to each job, its the same for any other software upgrade, lease or maintenance package you may use.
    Now as a hobbyist, it may well be a sticker shock, but as its perpetual license software, it's not a requirement to take maintenance or upgrades at every release .....
    This is just food for thought not to start an open argument over software !
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA

Does anyone know what the policy for skipped updates will be? For example - if a "hobby user" skips 5 years then pays for a year of maintenance will that bring him current? That's how Vectric does it - but I am curious what CarveCo's policy will be?

Gerald

Gerald, I believe you are a little confused as to what maintenance is and covers. What you're really referring to in your above post is upgrades, whereby you may skip a couple of years then upgrade to the latest version with a one lump sum cost for that upgrade version.
    Maintenance is a yearly contract cost, which includes all upgrades, support etc , you only do one or the other not both.

If the answers to your questions are not included in Carveco's website, then i would recommend you email them direct so as to avoid speculative answers.
    Gary
    Beckwith Decor Products
    Caveco Distributor, USA