Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Window Reim

Default Window Reim

Just finished remodeling the master bathroom. Last piece of the puzzle was the window trim. I used left over HDU from sign jobs for all but the window sill, which is PVC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VERY nice!!
    Love the detail, and bet it makes a difference in the "feel" of the room!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Man, I'm not showing this thread to my wife! I'm currently remanufacturing all the windows in the downstairs and am going stock to stock. I've been replacing all areas that are prone to rot (or have rotted) with redwood and it's turning out very nice. I've been using my SB to take off the outer 0.3" of the sashes and make precision pieces with redwood. Working out great! We got a quote that was more than the cost of my SB to replace 15 windows so for about 1/10th the price, I'm remanufacturing them myself. I was just shocked at the cost of new groovy windows. Shocked!
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Very nice! Really 'ties the room together'.
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    VERY nice!!
    Love the detail, and bet it makes a difference in the "feel" of the room!
    scott

Thanks Scott. Yes, it made a huge difference. We had to remodel because of a tornado from almost 3 years ago now. Of course the master bath was on the bottom of the re-do list. That coupled with some serious procrastination and now we finally got a Round-to-it. These pics are from just before destruction. After the tornado we replaced the window that didn't survive, and then just cleaned up the mess, until now. Luckily the bathroom door slammed shut when the window broke to sort of contain the debris. Still had to replace the bedroom carpet though, as the glass still got in the bedroom.
    Before shots.
    Last edited by pro70z28; 04-06-2019 at 04:34 PM.

After shots. A lot of the woodwork/cabinet work is from the CNC and wasn't damaged too bad by the tornado, so it stayed.

Thanks Cory. I have a lot of files on the computer for cabinets, millwork, etc. that I've done around the house over the years. It does save a ton of money and gives you the opportunity to make stuff just a little different from what can be bought at the store.

Post some photos of you projects if you get time. I always like to see what other people are coming up with.

Thanks Brady. After almost 3 months of working in my spare time, my favorite part of the project is that it's done.

Restate!! MASSIVE improvement!!
    LIKE the floor to ceiling tiling approach!!
    Did it on my two baths, and saved a ton of possible problems when my friends kids were little, and even still managed to get the ceiling wet!!
    Whoduthunk my in 10' ceiling speaker grills could rust!!
    One thing I STILL appreciate a couple decades later is my 60yr old tile guy saying "Over time...white grout turns grey...black grout turns grey...go neutral. AND if you don't like cleaning grout...go minimal grout lines" Very wise old guy!!!!
    BEAUTIFUL job!! LIKING the roll-in shower...even though a PITA to get the pitch right for a threshold free set-up.
    Better than new!
    Congrats!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

And, a few of the house after the tornado. Looks bad, but we came thought it in much better shape than many around us.