Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Window Reim

Thanks for the comments Scott. I used hydro barrier and anti-fracture cloth on the whole floor, all the seems and hydro barrier behind all the tile, floor and walls. A little over kill, but like you said, better to have too much water protection than not enough. I also spent a lot of time getting the whole floor slightly pitched to the shower 1/4" drop where the mosaic tile stripe is, to contain the water and then 1/4" slope per foot in the shower. It was a good feeling when I turned the shower off and all the water went to the drain, leaving no puddles behind.

Gary,

Your posts are so inspirational. Especially so with the before and after. It's heart breaking seeing the ravages of the storm.

Thank you for posting.

OUCH!!
    I can see why bathroom remodel took a backseat!
    NICE you bothered to pitch the entire bathroom, wished I had done mine when one Christmas had 2 friends over with their 6 yr old boys.
    We stuck the 2 boys in the shower(4 body sprays/rainforest head/and 2 handhelds) with their new action toys, I was at the computer 22' away and separated by the 6'wide pocket doors, when one of the girls yelled "The boys are being too quiet Scott...you better check!".
    I turned towards the pocket doors, and WATER was coming from underneath them! Opened doors, and Master bedroom floor was covered and water was pouring through the bathroom door and the boys were on the bathroom floor making"Water Angels"!! A totally clear piece of plastic from the toys was fully covering the 4" shower drain!!
    Thank goodness for Large Industrial floor squeegee/concrete slab floor with radiant heat/and "bathtub" wall construction!!!
    Of course the boys didn't do it on purpose....Right!!
    You can't plan for everything.

Did CNC come in handy for any of that MAJOR recovery?
    Congrats on the recovery!!
    Must have been heartbreaking
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Wow, when you think of flooding, kids isn't usually the first thing that comes to mind. lol.

We had to replace both the entry door and window above it in the foyer. That ended up being a strip to the studs and rebuild. This is what I came up with, with a lot of help from the ShopBot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couple more. There's CNC millwork all over the house. A little at a time here and there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's one HECK of an entry foyer!!!
    TREMENDOUS attention to detail!
    Yep, stripping to studs gives you a lot of options, and I'm sure like the bathroom it's a Major improvement!
    Great Craftsmanship!
    Think of time to hand do all that! Shopbot certainly makes a speedier Apprentice!
    Thanks for the pics!!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Gary,

Your posts are so inspirational. Especially so with the before and after. It's heart breaking seeing the ravages of the storm.

Thank you for posting.
    Thanks Joe. Yea, we were lucky. There's houses all around us that are no more.

Quote Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
    Thanks Joe. Yea, we were lucky. There's houses all around us that are no more.
    Lived in Kansas for many years, had a few close calls. It wasn't until we moved to the northern burbs of Atlanta that I actually experienced a direct hit. We did fine, but my best friends house was demolished.
    Good work, and glad you made it through. Hopefully none of your close neighbors weren't hurt.

Thanks Robtown. I've been through a few straight line wind storms that did damage, but nothing like this. Once is more than enough for me.

I've had my bot for 10 years now. I have been semi active on the forum(s) here and on Vectric. I love showing my wife some of the great stuff that folks can do with the machines. HOWEVER - I AM NOT SHOWING HER THIS THREAD! OMG what great work. To say this was done with a tool is not giving yourself enough credit. All of that millwork is just fabulous. Carving by machine is good but the overall design work and then the terrific finishing, WOW, just WOW! Thanks you so much for sharing. Just fabulous! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy