Thread: other hardware

Default other hardware

is it possible to use shopbot control software with a different brand cnc (gryphon)? i know someone who just aquired one of these machines and would like to assist them - it currently uses mach3 and i think shopbot software would be an easier learn for them. Thoughts?

Shopbot can freely give their software away because it is written to work with the Shopbot control board. So No.

Check out Centroid Acorn or UCCNC. All options will require some other hardware to get going, but much less than your first thought. Mach3 is deadware. UCCNC is more like Mach3, but Centroid Acorn is superior to all.
    Scott

Thanks guys, i will certainly check those out. only reason i asked abut retrofitting sb software is because i watched a video once of cabinet company where they said they worked with shopbot to retroffit all of their machines over to shopbot software and many of those machines were not shopbot.

I run my church’s CNC with ShopBot software… All I had to do was install a new RBK controller!

SG