Thread: Online Training Thursday May 23rd - HDPE Cutting Boards

Default Online Training Thursday May 23rd - HDPE Cutting Boards

Cover.jpg

Hello everyone,

Please join ShopBot Tools this Thursday May 23rd for a free online training. The topic this week is “HDPE Cutting Boards.” The training begins at 1:00pm eastern time and runs approximately 45 minutes. It is then followed up by a 45 minute Q & A for participates to ask questions and work with each other. There is also a show and tell portion if you have pictures available of projects you have made; just reply to this Email and TJ will show them off.

Simple rectangular cutting boards need a little revision using your ShopBot. Try adding a custom shape, a ramped groove or a pocketed collection area. This training will show ShopBotters how to cut HDPE material with the correct bits, feeds/speeds and focus on the process of idea to finished project. We will demonstrate how to use a bowl bit for dish cutting and how to add it to your tool database. We will base this training around some basic project needs, then take those into the CAD software and finally cut out the completed project on the ShopBot.

This is a great training to see how the design/build process works for creating your own projects.

There is no need to sign up, just show up a few minutes early on Tuesday and click on the link below. You will log into GoToMeetings and wait for the training to get started. Make sure your computer volume is turned on.

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot me an Email. This training will be recorded and posted for future viewings. Those recordings can be found on our ShopBot Tools Training Page.

Thanks and hope to see you there. Thanks, TJ

HDPE Cutting Boards
    Thu, May 23, 2019 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/941463717

You can also dial in using your phone.
    United States: +1 (872) 240-3311

Access Code: 941-463-717

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
    Depending on your device, dial:
    941463717@67.217.95.2 or 67.217.95.2##941463717

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
    https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/941463717

TJ…

I hope to attend your training session on cutting HDPE but picking up grandkids with messed up end-of-year school schedules may prevent my attending live…

The most profitable jobs I get are cutting UHMW PE conveyor parts! I cut these parts with a 3-flute ½” “O” bit. Even though my customers are pleased with the parts, I wish the cut edges were smoother… is that even possible with the PE’s

I’ve also attached photos of a commercial PE cutting board that I’ve extruded a washboard profile on to keep trays and boards from scooting off the countertop… This material cupped badly when cut. Is there a way to prevent this? The profile was tool-pathed as a molding profile and cut with a ¼” “O” flute bit.

SG

Attached Images Attached Images

the problem I see is without the texture commercial cutting boards have your food slides off.

Steve I am just finishing up putting the training together and I saw your post. I will make sure to address that today in the training. Thanks!

WOW....Lost track of days
    Thanks for posting TJ!
    See ya
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by steve_g View Post
    This material cupped badly when cut. Is there a way to prevent this?
    What product did you use? Have you tried Starboard?
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Steve I am just finishing up putting the training together and I saw your post. I will make sure to address that today in the training. Thanks!
    I leaned that the hard way (G) I had a lot of 3/4" hdpe left over. you can sand it with a really course paper to give it tooth.

We had a great turnout today, thank you all for a wonderful training and scottp55 for his wonderful show n tell!!! Here is the link to the tutorial: https://youtu.be/E546JLroD8I