Thread: More train stuff

Default More train stuff

Latest stuff for the live steam park. 1/8th scale. Works out pretty good for getting the most out a sheet of ply. Russ

Attached Images Attached Images
    AKA: Da Train Guy

LIKING your work Russ!
    Especially the shingles
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Shingles, I had them once! I've tried to cnc some shingles, not a good result, I even hand did some shingles but the weather and the critters took quick aim at them. Soooo no shingles just regular old roofing paper. Interesting sidebar, to keep the furry critters from EATING the trim we have started putting some ground pepper in the paint. Seems to be working very well so far. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Best yet Russ
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Looking at the face of the St John's Hotel one again..the Green one certainly seems to have a shingle effect, and the rest are hard to tell(clapboards?).
    JUST like the other day....not even finished my first cuppa...are my eyeballs STILL uncalibrated Russ?

My formula for an exterior stain, was to put ground cayenne AND hot mustard powder in one of the cans that only had a couple inches on it, and paint the problem areas
    Used the same stuff in Linseed for the horses cropping their stall rails, and fence rails....they Hated it(and Me for doing it)!

While building the house, didn't like ANY of the premade soffits, so made my own of 3/8"rough cedar ply....and my builder told me a trick on the openings...Use BRASS screen...squirrels and mice HATE the feel of it on their teeth(must be like getting a piece of aluminum foil in your food.....23 yrs and you can see spots where they chewed all around the soffit openings, but just plain old QUIT when the ran into the brass screen which was full length, and stapled/construction glued to the ply.
    Since then used brass screening on other entry points......Wonder if brass powder added to paint would do the same thing

Love seeing your scale stuff Russ!
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

I love them!

Phil